When using the Golf Ball Finder, it must be dark! The darker it is, the better!
The best place that I've found to find the lost golf balls is on the inside dog legs. That is because everyone try's to be smart and cut the corner and they end up losing them. Another good spot seems to be directly behind the greens because of golfers overshooting their golf balls.
What I would recommend is to take:
1. A bag to collect your balls you find.
2. A pair of gloves to protect your hands from the thorn bushes.
3. A cap to protect your head and eyes.
4. A spare golf club to get the hard to reach golf balls.
5. The Golf Ball Finder torch.